This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
This kit will teach you the four essential embroidery stitches that will equip you to create any classic crewel work design.
I have created this kit with newcomers to crewel embroidery in mind but have enjoyed it so much myself that I am now creating my fourth Tumbling Feathers cushion for my own sitting room. The design, colours and stitches are all true to the late-Victorian/Arts & Crafts era when ostrich feathers were all the rage!
Linen size 20 x 17 1/2”
Design size 13 x 12”
Crewel Stem, French Knots, Laid and Couched Work and a really clear and easy Long and Short as ‘soft shading’ in soft pastel shades
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for us, accurately screen-printed with the design outline and stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the easy-to-follow stitch chart
- Easy-to-follow, detailed illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Detailed, full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- One each of our bespoke gold-plated and polished nickel crewel needles