Scottish Highlands Tour - Aug 2019 - SOLD OUT
This variant is currently sold out
- About the retreat
- How to Book
- Important Information
Scottish Highlands & Islands Tour
13-24 August 2019 - £7,000 - SOLD OUT
New dates to be announced soon EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST HERE
Explore the Highlands & Western Isles of Scotland | Tuition with Phillipa Turnbull & Meredith Willett
Away we go! This wild adventure will begin in Edinburgh during The Edinburgh Festival where we will study Elizabethan embroidery, enjoy a special behind the scenes visit to an auction house, and our first workshop. We then venture north to see the beauty of the Highlands and Islands. We will visit iconic castles with special textile collections, embroider in a private castle as if it were your own. Tweed (plaid) tartan, lace, needlepoint, crewel work, costume, silk and metal thread embroideries. This will be an active tour so please contact us if you have limited mobility to find out if this tour is suitable for you.
This retreat begins and ends near Edinburgh. Book your place now by paying a deposit here or speak to us further by emailing email@example.com.
You may secure your place immediately by paying a deposit or the full amount here. Alternatively you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process your booking manually. A deposit of £500 will be requested upon booking, at which time your booking will be confirmed. Please also read our full Terms & Conditions.
What is included in the price?
- All tuition, talks and lectures
- All materials and instructions required for workshops
- Loan of all the necessary frames and equipment required for workshops
- All hotel accommodations for the stated duration of the tour and all coach travel where applicable
- Meals as stated in the timetable
- All entry fees for castles, country houses, museums, and other special excursions
- Refreshments during workshops and lectures
- Airport transfers (transfers from train stations are not included)
What is not included in the price?
- Travel to and from the Retreat (except airport transfers)
- Personal expenditure at hotels, excursions and events, e.g. bar, laundry, telephone, IT, meal extras beyond anything that has already been arranged as part of the Retreat
- Additional tips and gratuities at your discretion
You may pay the entire amount at the point of booking. Alternatively, you may pay in instalments as follows:
- £500 deposit payable on booking
- 50% of payment no later than 1 year prior to start date (or on booking if booking made after that date)
- 100% of payment no later than 6 months prior to start date (or on booking if booking made after that date)
If you would like a different payment schedule, please contact us.
- Payment can be made by Bank Draft/Transfer
- If you are paying from a foreign bank account, we recommend using TransferWise. This is a service designed specifically for foreign currency transfers and offers the cheapest fees (much cheaper than your bank would charge for an international transfer)
- We also accept payments by credit card or debit card or by UK cheque
- We do not accept Paypal for payments other than the deposit
Installments will be required as follows:
Deposit on booking
50% to be received 1 year months prior to departure date
100% to be received 6 months prior to departure date
In the event of cancellation, refunds are applied as follows:You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or your travel agent must be received at our offices by email. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, refunds are applied as follows:Less than 6 months before departure date - no refund
6 months to 1 year prior to departure date - 50% of price of holidayMore than 1 year prior to holiday - 100% refund (minus deposit)
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges. If, at any point, we are able to fill your place with someone from our waiting list, we will notify you of any refund that can be made. All refunds in this case are at the Organiser’s discretion.
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
It is important that you inform us of any health issues or food allergies, etc, at the time of booking. Wheelchair users should please note that, due to the historic focus of our Retreats, most of the venues are extremely old and do not have good accessibility. If you have mobility or health issues and are not sure to what extent these might affect your enjoyment of the vacation, please contact email@example.com to discuss.
It is your responsibility to make all travel arrangements to the Retreat in time for the welcome meeting on the first day, and from the Retreat on the final day. Transfers from and to the stated recommended airport are included in the price (please speak to us for specific conditions associate with this). Transfers are not included for the Totally Crewel Work Workshop in September. For specific travel advice, please speak to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alterations to the programme
The Organisers reserve the right to make additions, alterations and/or substitutions, without notice, to the itinerary/tutors or any other part of the programme in the event of unforeseen circumstances, or to improve the student experience.
Liability and Insurance
The Organisers have used their best endeavours to ensure that all goods, services and facilities provided in respect of the Retreat have been supplied, delivered, arranged or otherwise made available by properly qualified companies, organisations and individuals. They cannot, however, accept any responsibility for damage, loss or injury, howsoever caused, to participants or those accompanying them, or their belongings, as a consequence of their attendance during the days spent at the Retreat or at any of the Special Excursions or Events, or in the event that any part of the programme cannot be delivered. In the event that The Organisers have to cancel the Retreat, their liability shall be limited to refunding all monies they have received up to the time of cancellation.
All students are advised to take out their own insurance, in respect of, but not limited to, travel, cancellation, loss of payments made, medical and personal effects, etc. The importance of doing this at the earliest possible stage cannot be over-emphasised.
Please read our full Terms & Conditions.