This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
This classic Crewel Work design is part of a series of designs, which include classic as well as rare crewel work stitches. There is plenty of variety to keep you entertained but you can, if you wish, keep to your own favourite or even very simple stitches. As you create this kit, you will work the following essential. Completing this kit will equip you to progress to any larger design in our range.
Linen size 15 x 20”
Design size 9 x 13”
Long & Short as ‘soft shading’, Crewel Stem, French Knots, Satin, Reversed Chain, Detached Fly, Tulip, Seeding and two variations of Laid & Couched Work
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for us, accurately screen-printed with the design outline and stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the easy-to-follow stitch chart
- Easy-to-follow, detailed illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Detailed, full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- One each of our bespoke gold-plated and polished nickel crewel needles