Phoenix & Tree
This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
This classic Crewel Work design is part of a series of designs, which include classic as well as rare crewel work stitches. There is plenty of variety to keep you entertained.
Completing this kit will equip you to progress to any larger design in our range.
Linen size 20 x 15 1/5”
Design size 12 x 8 1/2”
French Knots, Laid & Couched Work, Satin Stitch, Leaf Stitch, Reversed Chain, Seeding Stitch, Holbein Stitch, Crewel Stem Stitch, Long & Short as ‘soft shading’
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for us, accurately screen-printed with the design outline and stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the easy-to-follow stitch chart
- Easy-to-follow, detailed illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Detailed, full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- One each of our bespoke gold-plated and polished nickel crewel needles