This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
This kit has been created with newcomers to crewel embroidery in mind yet its simple but classic Jacobean-inspired design will appeal to embroiderers of all skill levels. This is a very simple kit and it is perfect for the nervous embroidery newbie. Just enough of each of six embroidery stitches to introduce you to crewel embroidery. Enjoy!
Linen size 12 x 14"
Design size 6 1/2 x 7”
Crewel Stem, Satin Stitch, French Knots, Closed Fly, Long & Short as ‘soft shading’
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for us, accurately screen-printed with the design outline and stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the easy-to-follow stitch chart
- Easy-to-follow, detailed illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Detailed, full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- One each of our bespoke gold-plated and polished nickel crewel needles