This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
The Mellerstain Parrots is taken from an original Arts & Crafts Firescreen within the embroidery collection at Mellerstain House in the Scottish Borders, reproduced by special permission from The Countess of Haddington. The house is open to the public so do visit this treasure, which sits in front of the fire in the Machineel Room. The full version of the firescreen is available as an advanced (Level 3) kit. Although the design is complete without any additions, I have left enough space so that, if you wish, you can embroider a date or signature between the acorn cups at the base of the design to celebrate a special occasion.
Linen size 17 x 17”
Design size 10 1/2 x 10”
Padded Satin, Satin Stitch, Closed Fly Stitch, Crewel Stem Stitch, French Knots, Long & Short as ‘soft shading’
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for us, accurately screen-printed with the design outline and stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the easy-to-follow stitch chart
- Easy-to-follow, detailed illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Detailed, full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- One each of our bespoke gold-plated and polished nickel crewel needles