This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
This Marriage Pillowe, a replica from antique needlework in Phillipa’s private collection, would originally have been created to commemorate a wedding in England during the early 18th Century. This Georgian design of a happy couple are placed within an idyllic landscape. The Marriage Pillowe is in a romantic style typical of the period.
Linen size 24 x 19”
Design size 18 x 12 1/2”
Padded Satin Stitch, Crewel Stem Stitch, Closed Fly Stitch, Satin, French Knots, Long & Short Stitch as ‘soft shading’, Laid & Couched Work
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for us, accurately screen-printed with the design outline and stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the easy-to-follow stitch chart
- Easy-to-follow, detailed illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Detailed, full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- One each of our bespoke gold-plated and polished nickel crewel needles