NEW RELEASE! Tree of Life
This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
The Tree of Life design is symbolic of eternal life throughout the world. This charming scene includes the two intertwining trees with exotic and British plants - vines, flowers and of a hound and a rabbits, all in an idyllic scene reminiscent of the Jacobean era in Britain during the 17th Century. Stitches and colours from this time are used in this design.
Linen size 28 x 22 inches (71 x 55 cm)
Design size 22 x 16 inches (55 x 40 cm)
Long & Short as ‘soft shading’, Crewel Stem Stitch, Satin Stitch, French Knots
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for The Crewel Work Company in the Highlands of Scotland. Accurately screen-printed with the design outline with stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the stitch chart
- Easy to follow illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- 2 of each of our bespoke gold-plated (size 2 for single thread) and polished nickel (size 1 for double thread) speciality crewel needles
- A full size colour reproduction of the finished design
- Sturdy box for keeping all your bits and pieces in
- Crewel Work Company 'Forever' bag (Starter Sets only)
- Embroidery scissors (Starter Sets only)
- Seat Frame(Starter Sets only)