Lady Anne's Retreat
This variant is currently sold out
- About the retreat
- How to Book
- Important Information
Lady Anne’s Needlework Retreat
19-30 September 2020 - £7,000
11 days | Northern England & Scotland | 3 tutors
On Phillipa's home turf, the castles and country houses are more than familiar to our tour leader. Across the Scottish borders, fortified castles which originally defended the English from the marauding Scots now house precious textile collections amassed through hundreds of years of collecting. We enjoy private access to these castles and country houses, a very special dinner with castle owners, specialist lectures from curators and unique insight from especially selected historians.
This Retreat begins in the English Lake District and ends in Edinburgh. Book your place now by paying a deposit or speak to us further by emailing email@example.com.
"This trip was wonderfully curated, the content was extremely well explained and narrated. Thank you for putting this together! It has been so educational" - Anonymous feedback from 2016 trip
You may secure your place immediately by paying a deposit or the full amount here. Alternatively you may download a booking form and return it, completed, to Laura Turnbull at firstname.lastname@example.org. A deposit of £500 will then be requested, at which time your booking will be confirmed.
What is included in the price?
- All tuition, talks and lectures
- All materials and instructions required for workshops
- Loan of all the necessary frames and equipment required for workshops
- All hotel accommodations for the stated duration of the tour, and all coach travel (except Appleby Residential Retreat, which is tuition only)
- Meals as stated in the timetable (except Appleby Residential Retreat)
- All entry fees for castles, country houses, museums, and other special excursions
- Refreshments during workshops and lectures
What is not included in the price?
- Travel to and from the Retreat
- Personal expenditure at hotels, excursions and events, e.g. bar, laundry, telephone, IT, meal extras beyond anything that has already been arranged as part of the Retreat
- Additional tips and gratuities at your discretion
- You may pay the entire amount at the point of booking. Alternatively, you may pay in installments as follows:
£500 deposit payable on booking
50% of balance within 3 months
100% 3 months prior to departure date
- Payment can be made by Bank Draft/Transfer to the following UK account:
Account name: Phillipa Turnbull Events
Business address: 1 Clifford Street, Appleby-in-Westmorland, CA166TS
Bank Address: Barclays Bank, Penrith CA11 7SN, UK
IBAN: GB38 BARC 2066 9723 0252 17
- If you are paying from a foreign bank account, we recommend using TransferWise. This is a service designed specifically for foreign currency transfers and offers the cheapest fees (much cheaper than your bank would charge for an international transfer)
- We also accept payments by credit card (with a 2% surcharge) or debit card or by UK cheque
- We do not accept Paypal
If, having booked and made the first payment, you wish to cancel your booking, a refund of this payment will be made if your place is taken by someone from the waiting list. If there is no waiting list, or your place is not taken, then no refund can be made. All refunds are at the sole discretion of The Organisers.
It is important that you inform us of any health issues or food allergies, etc, at the time of booking. Wheelchair users should please note that, due to the historic focus of our Retreats, most of the venues are extremely old and do not have good accessibility. If you have mobility or health issues and are not sure to what extent these might affect your enjoyment of the vacation, please contact email@example.com to discuss.
It is your responsibility to make all travel arrangements to the Retreat in time for the welcome meeting on the first day, and from the Retreat on the final day. If there is demand for it, we can arrange group pick-ups from the recommended airport (as stated in the description). For specific travel advice, please speak to Laura Turnbull at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alterations to the programme
The Organisers reserve the right to make additions, alterations and/or substitutions, without notice, to the itinerary/tutors or any other part of the programme in the event of unforeseen circumstances, or to improve the student experience.
Liability and Insurance
The Organisers have used their best endeavours to ensure that all goods, services and facilities provided in respect of the Retreat have been supplied, delivered, arranged or otherwise made available by properly qualified companies, organisations and individuals. They cannot, however, accept any responsibility for damage, loss or injury, howsoever caused, to participants or those accompanying them, or their belongings, as a consequence of their attendance during the days spent at the Retreat or at any of the Special Excursions or Events, or in the event that any part of the programme cannot be delivered. In the event that The Organisers have to cancel the Retreat, their liability shall be limited to refunding all monies they have received up to the time of cancellation.
All students are advised to take out their own insurance, in respect of, but not limited to, travel, cancellation, loss of payments made, medical and personal effects, etc. The importance of doing this at the earliest possible stage cannot be over-emphasised.