Jacobean Wild Wood
This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
A Crewel Work Master class! This fabulous Tree of Life design is a favourite for all those whom crave the Jacobean style. The deep browns and reds contrast with the paler blue of the corner leaves and perfectly balance this full and extravagent composition. These original Jacobean colours work well on a cushion as seen here or a firescreen.
Stitches: Crewel Stem, Laid and Couched Work, Long and Short as “soft shading”, French Knots, Pistil Stitch, Single Chain, Heavy Chain, Satin, Padded Satin, Coral, Closed Fly and Feather.
Linen size 23 1/2 x 24”
Design size 16 1/2 x 16 1/2”
Padded Satin Stitch, Crewel Stem Stitch, Closed Fly Stitch, Single Chain Stitch, Heavy Chain Stitch, Coral Stitch, Pistil Stitch, Satin Stitch, Long & Short Stitch as ‘soft shading’, Laid & Couched Work, Feather Stitch, French Knots
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for us, accurately screen-printed with the design outline and stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the easy-to-follow stitch chart
- Easy-to-follow, detailed illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Detailed, full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- One each of our bespoke gold-plated and polished nickel crewel needles