This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
This charming design evokes the spirit of Jacobean embroidery from over three hundred years ago. The Jacobean Peony is part of a large bed hanging at Muncaster Castle, Cumbria. This design includes classic, late 17th century techniques and is perfect as an introduction to crewel work.
Linen size 14 x 15"
Design size 8 x 7”
Crewel Stem, Long and Short as ‘soft shading’, French Knots, Reversed Chain and two variations of Laid and Couched Work
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for us, accurately screen-printed with the design outline and stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the easy-to-follow stitch chart
- Easy-to-follow, detailed illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Detailed, full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- One each of our bespoke gold-plated and polished nickel crewel needles