Jacobean Long Pillowe
This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
This delicate design evokes the period of great elegance that began around the turn of the 20th Century. It is a reflection of the style of that time, whilst using historic crewel embroidery stitches from the 17th Century. The smaller scale of the features in the design and the use of softer, prettier colours reflect the gentle style of the Arts and Crafts period.
Linen size 30 x 15”
Design size 25 x 10”
Crewel Stem Stitch, Closed Fly, Long & Short as ‘soft shading’, Satin Stitch, Padded Satin, Seeding, French Knots, Laid & Couched Work
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for us, accurately screen-printed with the design outline and stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the easy-to-follow stitch chart
- Easy-to-follow, detailed illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Detailed, full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- One each of our bespoke gold-plated and polished nickel crewel needles