Elizabethan Oakapple Tree
This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
A beautiful, soft, faded design from an original Crewel Work bun stool top.
The private owner of this antique kindly allowed Phillipa to use this design after she spent time studying it while it was being conserved at The Textile Restoration Studio in Manchester, England. The linen is square so you will have an option to make this into a square or round pillow, or to frame it as shown here.
Linen size 14 x 15”
Design size 7 x 7”
Long & Short as ‘soft shading’, Crewel Stem Stitch, Satin Stitch, French Knots
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for The Crewel Work Company in the Highlands of Scotland. Accurately screen-printed with the design outline with stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the stitch chart
- Easy to follow illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- 2 of each of our bespoke gold-plated (size 2 for single thread) and polished nickel (size 1 for double thread) speciality crewel needles
- A full size colour reproduction of the finished design
- Sturdy box for keeping all your bits and pieces in
- Crewel Work Company 'Forever' bag (Starter Sets only)
- Embroidery scissors (Starter Sets only)
- Seat Frame(Starter Sets only)