4 Nations Tour
This variant is currently sold out
- About the retreat
- How to Book
- Important Information
4 Nations Needlework Tour
15-30 June 2017 - SOLD OUT
1-17 July 2020 - £9,500
England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales | 4 small projects
An exciting and fascinating opportunity to explore the embroidery of four nations in one grand needlework tour. The grandeur of England, the charms of Ireland, the prettiness of Wales, and the romance of Scotland. We will travel through the United Kingdom and Ireland viewing beautiful historical needlework in castles and recreating our own during several hours of hand embroidery tuition with 4 tutors.
Led by a duo of internationally renowned tutors and with guest appearances from Royal School of Needlework tutors, you will explore exquisite needlework collections within their iconic original locations. You will also recreate historically accurate embroidery designs based on works which you will be able to see first-hand in castles, stately homes, museums and religious settings, many of which are private collections or closed to the public at large. Some venues will be opened up especially for you to see as a result of our connection with the owners or with local textile artists.
This Tour begins in York and ends in Manchester. Book you place now by paying a deposit or or speak to us further by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This trip sells out very quickly so reserve your spot now!
You may secure your place immediately by paying a deposit or the full amount here. Alternatively you may download a booking form and return it, completed, to Laura Turnbull at email@example.com. A deposit of £500 will then be requested, at which time your booking will be confirmed.
What is included in the price?
- All tuition, talks and lectures
- All materials and instructions required for workshops
- Loan of all the necessary frames and equipment required for workshops
- All hotel accommodations for the stated duration of the tour, and all coach travel (except Appleby Residential Retreat, which is tuition only)
- Meals as stated in the timetable (except Appleby Residential Retreat)
- All entry fees for castles, country houses, museums, and other special excursions
- Refreshments during workshops and lectures
What is not included in the price?
- Travel to and from the Retreat
- Personal expenditure at hotels, excursions and events, e.g. bar, laundry, telephone, IT, meal extras beyond anything that has already been arranged as part of the Retreat
- Additional tips and gratuities at your discretion
- You may pay the entire amount at the point of booking. Alternatively, you may pay in installments as follows:
£500 deposit payable on booking
50% of balance within 3 months
100% 3 months prior to departure date
- Payment can be made by Bank Draft/Transfer to the following UK account:
Account name: Phillipa Turnbull Events
Business address: 1 Clifford Street, Appleby-in-Westmorland, CA166TS
Bank Address: Barclays Bank, Penrith CA11 7SN, UK
IBAN: GB38 BARC 2066 9723 0252 17
- If you are paying from a foreign bank account, we recommend using TransferWise. This is a service designed specifically for foreign currency transfers and offers the cheapest fees (much cheaper than your bank would charge for an international transfer)
- We also accept payments by credit card (with a 2% surcharge) or debit card or by UK cheque
- We do not accept Paypal
If, having booked and made the first payment, you wish to cancel your booking, a refund of this payment will be made if your place is taken by someone from the waiting list. If there is no waiting list, or your place is not taken, then no refund can be made. All refunds are at the sole discretion of The Organisers.
It is important that you inform us of any health issues or food allergies, etc, at the time of booking. Wheelchair users should please note that, due to the historic focus of our Retreats, most of the venues are extremely old and do not have good accessibility. If you have mobility or health issues and are not sure to what extent these might affect your enjoyment of the vacation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
It is your responsibility to make all travel arrangements to the Retreat in time for the welcome meeting on the first day, and from the Retreat on the final day. If there is demand for it, we can arrange group pick-ups from the recommended airport (as stated in the description). For specific travel advice, please speak to Laura Turnbull at email@example.com.
Alterations to the programme
The Organisers reserve the right to make additions, alterations and/or substitutions, without notice, to the itinerary/tutors or any other part of the programme in the event of unforeseen circumstances, or to improve the student experience.
Liability and Insurance
The Organisers have used their best endeavours to ensure that all goods, services and facilities provided in respect of the Retreat have been supplied, delivered, arranged or otherwise made available by properly qualified companies, organisations and individuals. They cannot, however, accept any responsibility for damage, loss or injury, howsoever caused, to participants or those accompanying them, or their belongings, as a consequence of their attendance during the days spent at the Retreat or at any of the Special Excursions or Events, or in the event that any part of the programme cannot be delivered. In the event that The Organisers have to cancel the Retreat, their liability shall be limited to refunding all monies they have received up to the time of cancellation.
All students are advised to take out their own insurance, in respect of, but not limited to, travel, cancellation, loss of payments made, medical and personal effects, etc. The importance of doing this at the earliest possible stage cannot be over-emphasised.