SOLD OUT! Seine River Cruise - 5-13 April 2024
We are thrilled to invite you on an unforgettable journey with us from La Havre to Paris for our Impressions of the Seine & Paris retreat with Amawaterways, seamlessly blending the art of embroidery with the beauty of the Seine River.
Discover the most renowned sites in Paris as well as sites memorialized by famous Impressionist painters along France’s Seine River. Meander through the renowned Jardins d’Acquigny and visit Monet’s home and Jardins de Giverny.
Indulge in Norman chocolate, cheese and cider and enhance your best self on guided bike tours through charming cities like Le Havre and Rouen. With fairytale castles, châteaux and idyllic scenery at every turn, this cruise is sure to inspire your own art – or at least conjure beautiful memories and dreams for years to come!
Non-stitching friends and partners sharing your cabin are most welcome on this cruise.
WHAT’S INCLUDED OVERVIEW:
- 7-night Seine river cruise from Le Havre to Paris
- 1 night pre-cruise stay at Pullman Roissy CDG airport hotel
- Transfers from and to Paris CDG airport on 5th and 13th April
- Luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with French balconies) aboard the AmaDante ship
- Award-winning dining
- Informal stitching sessions in the lounge each morning with Phillipa
- Selection of Crewel Work Kits (a choice will be offered ahead of embarkation)
- Loan of a frame
Arrival day (5th April) - Pre-cruise stay at With the pre-cruise stay at the Pullman Roissy CDG airport Hotel
Cruise Day 1 (6th April) - LE HAVRE - EMBARKATION - 3pm
Cruise Day 2 (7th April) - Le Havre - Honfleur excursion OR Full day at Normandy Beaches, Le Havre city tour OR Bike tour
Cruise Day 3 (8th April) - CAUDEBEC EN CAUX - Museo Seine, Bayeux & Caen tours OR Harcourt Arboretum, Château du Champ de Bataille and Le Bec Hellouin Scenic cruising
Cruise Day 4 (9th April) - ROUEN - Medieval Rouen walking tour OR Château de Bonnemare OR Tastes of Normandy Bike tour OR Château d’Etelan
Cruise Day 5 (10th April) - VERNON - Scenic cruising. Monet’s home and Jardins de Giverny OR Bike tour OR Château de la Roche Guyon and Jardins d’Acquigny OR Free evening
Cruise Day 6 (11th April) - LA ROCHE-GUYON - Calvados, cider and cheese tasting OR Bike tour to Mantes-la-Jolie OR Scenic Cruising OR City tour with bee farm visit OR Hike Tour OR Château d'Anet
Cruise Day 7 (12th April) - PARIS - “City of Light” tour OR Bike tour
Cruise Day 8 (13th April) - PARIS - DISEMBARKATION - 9am
Day 0 - Pre-cruise stay at With the pre-cruise stay at the Pullman Roissy CDG airport Hotel
Day 1 - LE HAVRE - EMBARKATION
Day 2 - Le Havre - Honfleur excursion OR Full day at Normandy Beaches, Le Havre city tour OR Bike tour
Day 3 - CAUDEBEC EN CAUX - Museo Seine, Bayeux & Caen tours OR Harcourt Arboretum, Château du Champ de Bataille and Le Bec Hellouin Scenic cruising
Day 4 - ROUEN - Medieval Rouen walking tour OR Château de Bonnemare OR Tastes of Normandy Bike tour OR Château d’Etelan
Day 5 - VERNON - Scenic cruising. Monet’s home and Jardins de Giverny OR Bike tour OR Château de la Roche Guyon and Jardins d’Acquigny OR Free evening
Day 6 - LA ROCHE-GUYON - Calvados, cider and cheese tasting OR Bike tour to Mantes-la-Jolie OR Scenic Cruising OR City tour with bee farm visit OR Hike Tour OR Château d'Anet
Day 7 - PARIS - “City of Light” tour OR Bike tour
Day 8 - PARIS - DISEMBARKATION
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with French balconies)
- Entertainment on Demand system featuring, movies, TV shows, news and music
- Desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Program with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck whirlpool and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant
- Captain’s Welcome Cocktail and Dinner
- La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
During the cruise Phillipa will be accompanying you during relaxed stitching sessions in the lounge each morning. Stay onboard and stitch or select one of the many excursions on offer each day.
A selection of Crewel Work kits will be provided to you will be able to choose from ahead of embarkation.
Our rooms aboard the AmaDante are Staterooms within the A and B categories on the Violin Deck and Cello Deck.
Category A are suitable for double occupancy, category B rooms are suitable for single occupancy. Rooms in both categories are 170 sq ft, have en suite facilities, and feature an outward facing french balcony with seating. The only difference with category B rooms is that they are on a lower deck (Cello Deck).
Rooms will be allocated on a first come first serve basis within our category (the rooms to towards bow of the ship are preferable). You can see an overview of the ship, including the deck plan, here.
Arrival: Our start point will be at the Pullman Roissy CDG airport Hotel on the night of the 5th April. We will stay here one night before being transferred to our ship in Le Havre on 6th April at 12:30pm for embarkation from 3pm onwards. The transfer time is approximately 2 hours 30 mins.
Departure: Disembarkation will be in Paris on 13th April at 9am. Transfers will be provided to Paris CDG airport. Transfer time is approximately 50 minutes.
The cost of transfers is included in the price.
The custom-designed AmaDante was introduced in 2008 and features spacious staterooms, most with French Balconies, Internet/WiFi access, walking track along our Sun Deck and guided bicycle tours at stops along the river.
Gliding along the phenomenally beautiful Main, Rhine and Moselle rivers, the AmaDante is a study in understated elegance, decorated with subdued colors and patterns that allow the breathtaking scenery outside to take precedence.
Most accommodations include a French balcony, so you’ll never miss a vineyard, steeple or castle, even when relaxing in your elegantly-appointed stateroom.
Every moment at leisure is a treat on AmaDante, whether you’re rejuvenating in the sauna or whirlpool, indulging in a massage or haircut, meeting new friends in the inviting Main Lounge, working out in the fitness room, taking a lap on the sun-deck walking track or crafting your daily java at the specialty coffee station.
As the premier cruise line to offer a fleet of complimentary bikes, we’re pleased to offer the same on AmaDante, so you’ll enjoy exhilarating guided biking tours from ship to shore throughout Europe.
Built in: Netherlands
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Home port: Basel