Levens Hall Pillowe
This product is currently sold out.
- What's included?
Enjoy rarely seen crewel stitches on this magnificent Acanthus leaf design from the third quarter of the 17th century, discovered within a bed hanging during Phillipa’s time researching at Levens Hall in the English Lake District. It is recreated by special permission from the owners, the Bagot family. Alongside several traditional crewel stitches, you will see three rare variations of Laid and Couched work stitched in exactly the same unusual way that the Jacobean embroiderers worked the original cushion.
Linen size 22 1/2 x 17”
Design size 14 x 10 1/2”
Raised Satin, French Knots, Closed Fly, Reversed Chain Stitch, Raised Leaf Stitch, Romanian Couching, Crewel Stem Stitch, Laid & Couched Work (three variations), Long & Short as ‘soft shading’
- What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for us, accurately screen-printed with the design outline and stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the easy-to-follow stitch chart
- Easy-to-follow, detailed illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Detailed, full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- One each of our bespoke gold-plated and polished nickel crewel needles